Tuesday 15 May 2012

Styling Leeds Trial Photographs

I was asked to do a trial at Styling Leeds this weekend, to go out and take photographs on Saturday of fashionable people in Leeds. I was lucky that it was sunny (I was worried rain/bad weather would mean no one would be willing to stop and they'd be all covered up in coats) and that it was busy in town. I wandered around a few different places to work out where the best place would be to stand, but also to get a variety of locations and backgrounds in the photographs, and hopefully photograph a wide variety of people and styles. My most successful spot was standing half way down the main shopping street, Briggate, as this was where the most people were passing, and also where an amazing busker was that I got to listen to all day! Here are some of the photographs that I took:

The photographs had to be in for 2pm on Monday, along with the signed consent forms and typed up email addresses that people had given me. Styling Leeds seemed happy with the photos and have asked me to work this Saturday photographing at a vintage fair in the Corn Exchange. Overall this was a good opportunity to be introduced to the process of photographing for a company and working to a brief/deadline. I really enjoyed photographing people and having the excuse to spend so many hours people watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment