Monday 30 April 2012

Styling Leeds Weekend Job

'I work for Canvas8, a leading UK insights service for some of the world's top agencies and brands including Channel 4 and Mother London. We're recruiting for street-fashion photographers, as a Saturday or Sunday job, to take shots for our online community Styling Leeds. We piloted the project last year and had a brilliant response and more recently the kind folk at Trinity Leeds have agreed to financially back the venture. We are currently looking to expand our photographers' team further. It's a fantastic job for students to get involved with, and a super bit of experience that'll look good on CVs or as part of a portfolio. The work is exciting, relevant and straightforward and only requires a couple of hours on weekends.

I decided to apply for the Styling Leeds job after receiving this email on my Uni email address. I found the Styling Leeds Facebook page and that convinced me to apply, as I liked the photographs and the outfits people had on so much!

I like the idea of walking around town spying people with lovely outfits and approaching them to take their photo. In the past I would have thought I'd feel too silly doing this, however its something I've recently got used to through doing documentary style photos for other projects, therefore I see it as something I could enjoy. I emailed saying I'm interested in the job, and got a reply saying they liked my work, so I'm waiting to see what they say.




No comments:

Post a Comment